NEW YORK – As New York City reopens, Asian New Yorkers rightfully fear isolation and instability. Hate crimes targeting this community soared in 2020, increasing 833%. To heighten awareness and discuss solutions, Tali Farhadian Weinstein, candidate for Manhattan district attorney, will host a forum to combat anti-Asian hate crimes with community partners and stakeholders to discuss the current crisis and strategies to make New York safe for all communities.
WHAT: A forum to combat anti-Asian hate crimes.
- Tali Farhadian Weinstein: Candidate for Manhattan DA
- Hugh H. Mo: Asian American Police Executives Council, Chairman of AAPEX, first Asian DANY Assistant, and former NYPD Deputy Commissioner
- Inspector Tommy Ng: Adjutant, Patrol Borough Queens North; Advisory Member AAPEX
- Deputy Insp. Stewart Loo: President, AAPEX., CO Asian Hate Crimes Task Force; CO Detective Bureau Manhattan South, Grp 2
- Captain Jackson Cheng: Detective Bureau, 1st VP, AAPEX
- Justin Yu: Chairman of the Board for the Chinese Chamber of Commerce of New York
WHEN: Friday, March 19th at 1:00 PM
WHERE: Online forum, RSVP HERE